The Minster sits at the heart of the historic market town of Ilminster. The Minster serves its congregation and community in various ways, providing regular mid-week and Sunday services, coordinating ...
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/St-Marys-The-Minster-Ilminster/opportunities/Treasurer/46493 to join
SummaryAn individual, ideally with a financial background, sought for routine bookkeeping, banking and payments, plus reporting and returns.
This is a critical role, which supports the work of paid staff and volunteers, ensuring sound financial management of the Church's charity account.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Accurately record income from all sources and allocate it to the correct fund
- Ensure money is deposited in the bank as soon as possible
- Pay and record all expenditure and ensure proper authorisation procedures are followed
- Keep clear, accurate records with supporting documentation
- Be able to advise the PCC on the present and anticipated state of the parish finances
- Prepare the reports and accounts for each year and pass them to the independent examiner for verification.
- Provide an annual budget to the PCC for approval
- Complete annual returns requested by the diocese – 2-3per year
- Complete the annual return for the Charity Commission in respect of the finances
- Manage PAYE and pension requirements for any recipients of wages
- Attend PCC, and Finance meetings, approximately 10 per year
- Provide general financial information to the PCC and Finance Committee as required