Covid 19 Volunteer Responder
SummaryWould you like to support the Staff and Patients on the wards during Covid19 as a Yeovil Hospital volunteer responder?
Roles will include:
- Providing drinks and snacks to patients at regular intervals during the day
- Dishing up and serving meals to patients
- Feeding patients (not including those with additional needs)
- Topping up kitchen, linen trolley and treatment trolleys
- Tidying the ward including making beds
- Cleaning including fluid pumps and mattresses
- Supporting ward staff by collecting and delivering items around the organisation
- Portering where needed
- Ensuring oxygen and suction equipment is present and reporting to staff
The list of duties is not exhaustive and the role is expected to expand and evolve as the required.
We have availability for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
07.30 - 20.00
We would ask that you commit to at least a four hour volunteering session.
Boundaries (what you won’t be doing):
- No clinical care of patients
- No personal care (e.g. toileting or getting patients changed)
- No lifting of heavy equipment
- No feeding without training and supervision