Female Volunteer Mentor
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/The-Nelson-Trust/opportunities/Female-Volunteer-Mentor/48739 to join
SummaryDo you have a passion for helping other women?
We are looking for volunteers to give 1 hour a fortnight to guide and provide mentoring to young women.
Are you a Somerset woman looking for a volunteering opportunity?
Do you have a passion for helping other women?
We are looking for volunteers to give 1 hour a fortnight to guide and provide mentoring to young women in the county.
We are searching for enthusiastic, empowering, and empathic women to become a part of this exciting new project.
You will work with a young woman who is facing disadvantage within the community – together, we want to change this & provide support and hope to these women. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on these women, helping them meet their needs so they can go on to fulfil their ambitions.
At the Nelson Trust, we pride ourselves on our trauma informed approaches and understanding the deficits that currently divide our communities. We aim to treat every client with a judgment-free, respectful, and individual approach.
We would love to hear from you if you;
- want to make a difference in your community
- Are able to commit to 1 hour per fortnight visiting our Women's Centre in Bridgwater
- Have lived experience / have a non-judgmental approach
- Have a passion for empowering women
All applicants will be subject to an informal interview, DBS check, training and supervision within the Nelson Trust
- To main confidentiality unless safeguarding concern
- Maintain professionalism and boundaries with client
- Provide verbal & practical support where appropriate
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle model
- Report ANY safeguarding concerns to manager who will pass onto relevant keyworker