We are a local charity dedicated to supporting the thousands of people caring for their loved ones in Bath and the surrounding areas.
We provide trusted information, advice and support to anyone ...
Young Carers Activity Volunteer/Assistant
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/The-Carers-Centre-Bath-and-North-East-Somerset/opportunities/Young-Carers-Activity-VolunteerAssistant/49431 to join
SummarySupport the delivery of Young Carers’ activities. Anything and everything from arts and crafts, to trips and group activities.
Purpose of the role:
To work in Bath & North East Somerset with the Carers’ Centre staff to:
- Support the young carer’s service to run a full structured breaks programme throughout the year including activities, days out, evening clubs and weekend breaks.
- Support the delivery of young carers break to ensure staffing levels fall within the advised minimum adult to child ratio’s.
- Support the young carers’ service with transporting young carers to and from activities- usually on a minibus or coach.
- Ensure young carers safety on activities.
What you will be doing:
- Joining in with activities, helping children to be involved and included in the activity and supporting children who may need additional support during an activity.
- Encouraging children to have fun and enjoy themselves and supporting them to make the most of their break from caring.
- Helping with practical tasks on activities such as register taking, preparing and cleaning up and other organisation of the activity, handing out equipment etc.
- Supporting children to be safe whilst an activity
- Supporting children to behave appropriately on breaks in line with the Young Carers code of conduct.
- Supporting children on transport when on an activity.
Where and when:
The majority of the activities will be during the day within school holidays but some evening groups.
Occasional residential stays.
Activities take place throughout B&NES and beyond and we usually provide transport throughout B&NES.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About The Carers' Centre Bath and North East Somerset
We provide trusted information, advice and support to anyone looking after their loved ones in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES). We help people of all ages and at any stage in their caring role.
We enable people to improve their health and wellbeing by connecting them to others, and by helping them to take control of their caring role. We strive to work with our wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.
Why we're here:
We are here for the friends and families helping their loved ones get the best out of life.
Looking after a partner, friend or family member due to old age, illness, disability, mental health problem or an addiction can be a very rewarding experience. However, without the right support in place it can take a toll on our physical and mental wellbeing.
What we do:
We work to improve the lives of unpaid carers across B&NES. We do this by supporting carers of all ages to have what they need to stay well, in control and feel connected.
This means listening to carers, amplifying their voices and putting them at the heart of our work. It’s providing free wellbeing activities so they can take some time away from their caring role. It’s helping them navigate a complex health and social care system, offering financial guidance and employment advice. It’s giving them a safe and supportive space to come together.
What we want to achieve:
We’re here for carers, but to be sustainable for the next generation of carers we need to work together.
Three in five of us will care for someone during our lifetime, and it is likely we all know someone who is caring right now. Caring is everybody’s business.
Carers of today and tomorrow need to be recognised, valued and supported by decision-makers, professionals and those around them. We can’t do this without the help of our supporters and volunteers.
Why we need your help:
We are working hard to ensure carers in B&NES are fully recognised, valued and supported in society. But we can’t do this alone.
Volunteers are vital to what we do. They offer their amazing skills to help us deliver life-changing services and they make a huge difference to the local community.
Why volunteer with us?
We want you to get as much out of volunteering as you put into it.
Meeting new friends, learning new skills, advancing your career and feeling happier and healthier; these are just some of the benefits our volunteers say they get from giving their time.
Considering volunteering with us?
Whether you can give the odd hour here or there, or can commit to a more regular role, there are many opportunities to get involved with The Carers’ Centre.