We're here for carers
We have over 20 years of experience in supporting unpaid carers, and we are leading the way for a carer-friendly community. We strive to be sustainable for the long-term so we ...
Young Carers Activity Volunteer/Assistant
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/The-Carers-Centre-Bath-and-North-East-Somerset/opportunities/Young-Carers-Activity-VolunteerAssistant/49431 to join
SummarySupport the delivery of Young Carers’ activities. Anything and everything from arts and crafts, to trips and group activities.
Purpose of the role:
To work in Bath & North East Somerset with the Carers’ Centre staff to:
- Support the young carer’s service to run a full structured breaks programme throughout the year including activities, days out, evening clubs and weekend breaks.
- Support the delivery of young carers break to ensure staffing levels fall within the advised minimum adult to child ratio’s.
- Support the young carers’ service with transporting young carers to and from activities- usually on a minibus or coach.
- Ensure young carers safety on activities.
What you will be doing:
- Joining in with activities, helping children to be involved and included in the activity and supporting children who may need additional support during an activity.
- Encouraging children to have fun and enjoy themselves and supporting them to make the most of their break from caring.
- Helping with practical tasks on activities such as register taking, preparing and cleaning up and other organisation of the activity, handing out equipment etc.
- Supporting children to be safe whilst an activity
- Supporting children to behave appropriately on breaks in line with the Young Carers code of conduct.
- Supporting children on transport when on an activity.
Where and when:
The majority of the activities will be during the day within school holidays but some evening groups.
Occasional residential stays.
Activities take place throughout B&NES and beyond and we usually provide transport throughout B&NES.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About The Carers' Centre Bath and North East Somerset
We have over 20 years of experience in supporting unpaid carers, and we are leading the way for a carer-friendly community. We strive to be sustainable for the long-term so we are here for the next generation of carers.
Our mission is to provide trusted information, advice and support to carers of all ages enabling them to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing as well as take control of their caring role and stay connected with others. In addition, we work with our wider community to improve recognition and support for unpaid carers.