Volunteer Water Safety Adviser
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/RNLI/opportunities/Volunteer-Water-Safety-Adviser/46714 to join
SummaryThe Water Safety Adviser is part of a team contributing towards the local Community Lifesaving Plans.
The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea, but it’s not limited to launching a lifeboat or providing lifeguards to save lives.
Water Safety contributes to the RNLI’s vision of saving every one, by developing Community Lifesaving Plans (CLPs) and working with Partners to help influence improved safety, to reduce the number of preventable deaths and incidents that occur within local coastal and inland waterway environments.
The Water Safety Adviser is part of a team contributing towards the local Community Lifesaving Plans by going into the community and delivering RNLI water safety advice. Part of this role is to identify local risks and work with partners to deliver targeted interventions.
This role for somebody who has good communication and people skills and possibly some experience of public speaking but if not, the desire to gain some skills and/or confidence in this area.
If you would like to join a friendly, dedicated, motivated team and you fit the criteria above or, have some of the required skills, we would like to hear from you.
The impact you will make
Contribute to the RNLI’s vision of saving every one, by developing Community Lifesaving Plans (CLPs) to reduce the number of preventable deaths and incidents that occur within local coastal and inland waterway environment.
What you will be doing
- Providing RNLI Water Safety advice to members of the public
- Actively seeking opportunities to promote targeted RNLI safety messages
- Maintaining good relationships with local stakeholders and partners
- Attend regular Water Safety meetings
- Be involved in other activities as required
What you need for this role
- Knowledge/experience of coastal/inland waterway environment and local water based activity is desirable.
- Experience in presenting/engaging with members of the public.
- Passionate and keen interest in improving water safety.
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
RNLI crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives since 1824 but we’re more than a rescue service. We influence, supervise and educate people too. Our Community Safety teams explain the risks and share safety knowledge with anyone going out to sea or to the coast. And our international teams work with like-minded organisations to help tackle drowning in communities at risk all around the world.