Volunteer Crew Member - Inshore Lifeboat
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/RNLI/opportunities/Volunteer-Crew-Member---Inshore-Lifeboat/44998 to join
SummaryThis role will help us save lives at sea by ensuring that our lifeboats are in a state of permanent readiness and crewing the lifeboat on service and exercise.
The RNLI’s Lifeboat Station in Minehead is looking for volunteers to join the existing team in the role of Inshore Lifeboat Crew.
Looking out over the broad expanse of the Bristol Channel, Minehead Lifeboat Station has operated from the same boathouse for over 100 years. Today’s station has two inshore lifeboats – a B Class Atlantic 85 and a D Class.
The impact you will make
This role will help us save lives at sea by ensuring that our lifeboats are in a state of permanent readiness and crewing the lifeboat on service and exercise, under the command of the Helm.
What you will be doing
- Undertake training and maintain competence under the Competency Framework as necessary to fulfil the role of crew member
- Be on call for lifeboat ‘shouts’
- Attend exercises
- Contribute to the overall upkeep of the station, lifeboats and equipment
We are actively looking for applicants who have daytime availability for this role however do not hesitate to get in touch to find out more.
What you need for this role
- Team player
- Good communicator
- General fitness
- Ability to learn new skills
- Live or work within close proximity of the station and be between 17 and 55 years of age
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
RNLI crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives since 1824 but we’re more than a rescue service. We influence, supervise and educate people too. Our Community Safety teams explain the risks and share safety knowledge with anyone going out to sea or to the coast. And our international teams work with like-minded organisations to help tackle drowning in communities at risk all around the world.