RNLI Volunteer Fundraising Group Member
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/RNLI/opportunities/RNLI-Volunteer-Fundraising-Group-Member/45002 to join
SummaryYou will enable volunteer RNLI lifeboat crews to save lives at sea by carrying out and supporting vital fundraising activity in your local community.
The RNLI has a wide network of local fundraising teams/groups organising a broad range of events and activities each year raising vital life-saving funds. The teams/groups are supported by a Community Manager.
The range and frequency of the events is determined by the team members themselves and the amount of time volunteered is up to the individual.
We are keen to welcome new people with new ideas and new skills into our local team so that we can develop our programme of fundraising activities and events in new, creative and innovative ways and contribute to saving more lives at sea.
The impact you will make
You will enable volunteer RNLI lifeboat crews to save lives at sea by carrying out and supporting vital fundraising activity in your local community.
What you will be doing
- Participating in the planning and delivery of a range of fundraising activities in the local community
- Encouraging and welcoming a diverse group of new supporters to assist with fundraising activities and helping to drive our One Crew ethos
- Championing the RNLI and building its reputation in the area
What you need for this role
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Open to change and willing to contribute and try out new ideas
- A flexible approach to taking on different tasks
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
RNLI crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives since 1824 but we’re more than a rescue service. We influence, supervise and educate people too. Our Community Safety teams explain the risks and share safety knowledge with anyone going out to sea or to the coast. And our international teams work with like-minded organisations to help tackle drowning in communities at risk all around the world.