RNLI Shore Crew
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/RNLI/opportunities/RNLI-Shore-Crew/44140 to join
SummaryThis role will help us save lives at sea by assisting with the safe launch and recovery of the lifeboat on service and exercise.
The RNLI’s Lifeboat Station in Burnham-On-Sea is looking for volunteers to join the existing team in the role of Shore Crew.
Located on the Somerset coast, Burnham-on-Sea Lifeboat Station was established in 1836. The current station was opened in 2003 and operates two inshore lifeboats.
The impact you will make
This role will help us save lives at sea by assisting with the safe launch and recovery of the lifeboat on service and exercise.
What you will be doing
- Assist with the launch and recovery of the lifeboat(s) on service and exercise
- Maintain competence under the Competency Framework for the role
- Contribute to the overall upkeep of the station, lifeboats and equipment
What you need for this role
- Team player
- Good communicator
- General fitness
- Ability to learn new skills
- Live or work within 10 minutes of the station and be between 17 and 65 years of age
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
We are actively looking for applicants who have daytime availability for these roles however do not hesitate to get in touch to find out more about these roles.
RNLI crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives since 1824 but we’re more than a rescue service. We influence, supervise and educate people too. Our Community Safety teams explain the risks and share safety knowledge with anyone going out to sea or to the coast. And our international teams work with like-minded organisations to help tackle drowning in communities at risk all around the world.