RNLI Lifeboat Visits Officer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/RNLI/opportunities/RNLI-Lifeboat-Visits-Officer/44155 to join
SummaryYou will promote the work of the lifeboat station to the local community and visitors, help raise vital funds and save lives at sea by sharing key water safety
Volunteering as a Lifeboat Visits Officer and being part of the RNLI’s lifeboat station is an important role within the charity as we aim to save the lives of people of all age groups through our fantastic visits programme.
The impact you will make
You will promote the work of the lifeboat station to the local community and visitors, help raise vital funds and save lives at sea by sharing key water safety messages.
What you will be doing
- Encouraging local schools, youth and adult organisations to visit the lifeboat station
- Welcoming visitors to the station, so that they can learn about the local lifeboat and the wider RNLI
- Supporting the RNLI's One Crew ethos while recruiting and managing a visits team of volunteers to assist with presentations and to create a welcoming environment for visitors
- Championing the RNLI and building its reputation in the area
- Liaising with operational volunteers at the station to ensure visits run in a safe and smooth manner alongside operational activities
What you need for this role
- Good leadership and team working skills
- Good communication skills and confident speaking to groups
- Comfortable interacting with young people
- A proactive approach overall
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
RNLI crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives since 1824 but we’re more than a rescue service. We influence, supervise and educate people too. Our Community Safety teams explain the risks and share safety knowledge with anyone going out to sea or to the coast. And our international teams work with like-minded organisations to help tackle drowning in communities at risk all around the world.