RNLI Branch Chairperson
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/RNLI/opportunities/RNLI-Branch-Chairperson/44142 to join
SummaryYou will enable volunteer RNLI lifeboat crews to save lives at sea by leading volunteers in vital fundraising activity in your local community.
The RNLI has a network of local fundraising teams organising a wide range of activities and events which last year raised £14 million to save lives at sea. Each team is supported by a Community Manager, although the range and frequency of fundraising events is determined by the team members themselves.
We are currently looking for a Branch Chairperson to lead the Burnham-On-Sea branch.
The impact you will make
You will enable volunteer RNLI lifeboat crews to save lives at sea by leading volunteers in vital fundraising activity in your local community.
What you will be doing
- Leading, guiding and motivating group members to deliver vital fundraising activity
- As the key contact for the group, working with the Community Manager towards fundraising targets and development of the group overall
- Encouraging and welcoming new members and supporters into the RNLI and driving our One Crew ethos
- Organising meetings and assisting at fundraising events and activities
What you need for this role
- Good interpersonal and leadership experience
- Basic IT skills
- Excellent communications skills and confident speaking in public
- Confident handling money
What’s in it for you
- Join an inclusive and diverse organisation
- Have fun, meet new people and join a motivated and enthusiastic team who are making a difference
- Learn skills and gain experience to enhance your CV
- Gain the satisfaction of giving back
- Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided and reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed
RNLI crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives since 1824 but we’re more than a rescue service. We influence, supervise and educate people too. Our Community Safety teams explain the risks and share safety knowledge with anyone going out to sea or to the coast. And our international teams work with like-minded organisations to help tackle drowning in communities at risk all around the world.