Newsletter Editor- Wincanton Branch, Parkinson's UK
Parkinson's UK local groups offer friendship, support, and numerous activities for people affected by Parkinson's.
In Wincanton, the group is a core part of the local Parkinson's community. As a committee volunteer you'll help connect people to the group, whilst making sure existing members stay up to date with the activities provided. You could have a hand in arranging activities too, but the main focus of this role is to produce the group's newsletter, a lifeline for people affected by Parkinson's in the local community.
With an interest in marketing and publicity you'll help build the profile of the group and communicate with the local community, connecting people to the support they need to live well with Parkinson's.
Put your marketing and communications skills to use, letting your creativity flow as you produce newsletters, and perhaps explore the opportunity of promotion through social media.
You'll build existing connections, and meet new people in your local area, all whilst making a difference to those living with Parkinson's in the Wincanton area.
The group meets each month, but many of our volunteers undertake parts of their roles from home - at a time that suits you. This is a flexible role, and you could be doing any or all of the tasks on the role description - speak to your staff contact for more detail.
What you will be doing
- promoting activities through different mediums, including editing and collecting content for the branch newsletter
- sharing experiences with the committee and connecting with the local community
The skills you need
- excellent writing and communication skills
- regular access to a computer and experience of using email and Microsoft office or GSuite
- experience at writing press releases and news articles (useful but not essential)
- Enthusiasm, and a keenness to learn more about Parkinson's UK
What's in it for you
- forge new friendships and meet new people, both in the branch and in the local community
- you'll connect people affected by Parkinson's in the local area to the support they need
- gain valuable organisational, teamwork and people skills
- use your marketing and communication skills and experience to make a real difference
- learn more about Parkinson's UK, as part of a pioneering organisation
It's important that people affected by Parkinson’s can trust us with their personal information. In this role you could be handling personal or sensitive data, so by undertaking this role you'll need to complete our Advanced Data Protection training. Your Parkinson’s UK staff contact can help you do this.
We were founded in 1969 by volunteers. More than 40 years on, volunteers are central to everything we do. We have volunteering opportunities all over the country in our local groups, at our fundraising events, in our research work, our media work and more.