Membership Secretary, Wincanton Branch, Parkinson's UK
Keeping the branch organised and running smoothly, you'll be a core part of the local Parkinson's community, meeting new people and making a difference.
In this committee role, you will handle information relating to our membership and help us keep our branch running smoothly.
As part of recruitment, you will be asked to provide a reference for this role. Speak to your staff contact for more information.
Why we want you
Local groups across the UK are run by volunteers and offer friendship and support to people living with Parkinson's and their families and friends. As Branch Membership Secretary you'll be a vital link between the group members, the activities the group offers, and the wider Parkinson's UK community.
What you will be doing
- Receive regular updated membership lists from Parkinson's UK
- Record contact details of people attending branch activities who aren't members of Parkinson's UK
- Report any membership issues to the committee, and communicate important membership changes to Parkinson's UK centrally
- Report any important membership changes to Parkinson's UK
The skills you need
- Enthusiasm; for Parkinson's UK and as an ambassador for what your local group offers
- Good communication skills, collaborative and team focused, as you will need to gather and distribute information to everyone involved
- Motivated and reliable, with strong administrative, IT and organisational skills
What's in it for you
- Play a crucial role in the local Parkinson's community, making new friends and building connections
- You'll be part of a pioneering organisation, committed to finding a cure and improving life for everyone affected by Parkinson's - in your local area and beyond
- Gain valuable organisational, administrative and people skills
It's important that people affected by Parkinson’s can trust us with their personal information. As a Branch Membership Secretary you would be handling personal or sensitive data, so by undertaking this role you'll need to complete our Advanced Data Protection training, which your Parkinson’s UK staff contact can help you to do.
We were founded in 1969 by volunteers. More than 40 years on, volunteers are central to everything we do. We have volunteering opportunities all over the country in our local groups, at our fundraising events, in our research work, our media work and more.