Branch Chair- North West Somerset Branch,Parkinson's UK
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Parkinsons-UK/opportunities/Branch-Chair--North-West-Somerset-BranchParkinsons-UK/39914 to join
SummaryWe are looking for someone with the skills to lead a group of volunteers committed to providing vital services to people affected by Parkinson's in NW Somerset.
Parkinson's UK local groups offer friendship, support, and numerous activities for people affected by Parkinson's.
Leading a committed group of volunteers, you'll be a core part of the local Parkinson's community, meeting new people and making a difference.
You'll shape the activities offered in your area, bringing your group and committee together whilst developing leadership skills.
From monthly committee meetings to liaising with local staff you'll be a key point of contact for Parkinson's UK, acting as an ambassador for the charity.
As part of recruitment, you will be asked to provide a reference for this role. Speak to your staff contact for more information.
Why we want you
Local groups across the UK are run by volunteers and offer friendship and support to people living with Parkinson's and their families and friends. As a Branch Chair you'll provide leadership to the group, helping the committee work together to carry out its work effectively.
What you will be doing
- Engaging with local staff, volunteers, and your local community, to ensure the group has the greatest possible impact on those affected by Parkinson's in your area
- Staying up to date with news and developments of Parkinson's UK, actively sharing them with the group
- Making the best use of the skills and strengths of other volunteers to meet the needs of local people affected by Parkinson's
- Support the group, with the help of local staff, to operate within Parkinson's UK guidelines
The skills you need
- Enthusiasm; for Parkinson's UK and as an ambassador for your local group
- Strong leadership, organisational and communication skills
- The ability to lead meetings in an open and inclusive way, making decisions that take into account multiple viewpoints
- Can-do attitude to making things happen in your local community, taking on board the feedback of those affected by Parkinson's in your area
- Confidence in using a computer and email
What's in it for you
- Play a crucial role in the local Parkinson's community, making new friends and building connections
- Learn and develop valuable leadership, teamwork and people skills
- You'll be part of a pioneering organisation, committed to finding a cure and improving life for everyone affected by Parkinson's - in your local area and beyond
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Parkinson's UK
We were founded in 1969 by volunteers. More than 40 years on, volunteers are central to everything we do. We have volunteering opportunities all over the country in our local groups, at our fundraising events, in our research work, our media work and more.