Courtesy Vehicle Driver
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Dunster-Castle/opportunities/Courtesy-Vehicle-Driver/70613 to join
SummaryDrivers are the Formula 1 stars of National Trust – just with a bit less speed! They help visitors who might struggle to get to and from the car park.
· Making visitors, volunteers and staff feel welcome when they arrive and responding to the different needs of different people
· Support the Welcome Team at Visitor Reception and in the car park, to help provide a smooth, organized, relaxed and friendly arrival
· Knowing your way around the property and surrounding area, so that you can give directions and perhaps share a few of your own stories.
· Familiarising yourself with property projects so as to be able to respond positively to visitor enquiries
· Communicating regularly with the Duty Manager, Castle desk and Visitor Reception via two-way radio, following radio etiquette as outlined by your supervisor
· Taking care of the people that use your vehicle, driving it well and ensuring visitors can get on and off the vehicle safely
· Following National Trust procedures to make sure the vehicle is safe to use, including checking tyre pressure and oil, and recharged if and when required
· Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy and Dunster Castle specific information, the regulations in the National Trust’s Drivers Instruction Manual and all Codes of Good Practice issued by central Government and the National Trust at all times
· Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs, National Trust priorities or changes to government guidelines e.g .Covid