Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Chard-WATCH-CIC/opportunities/Legal-Trustee/76858 to join
SummaryAre you looking for a rewarding and meaningful role in the charity sector? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for the role of legal trustee for Watch.
Watch is a registered charity that provides a safe and supportive environment for people who are isolated, lonely or struggling with their mental health. We offer a range of activities, workshops, courses and events to help our members develop their skills, confidence and wellbeing. We also advocate for their rights and interests in the wider community.
As a legal trustee, you will be responsible for ensuring that the charity complies with all relevant laws and regulations, as well as its own constitution and policies. You will also provide advice and guidance on legal matters affecting the charity, such as contracts, agreements, disputes, risks and liabilities. You will work closely with the other trustees, the staff team and the members to ensure that the charity operates effectively and ethically.
To be eligible for this role, you will need to have:
- A relevant qualification and experience in law, preferably in the charity sector
- A commitment to the vision, mission and values of Watch
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing people with mental health issues and learning disabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- The ability to attend regular board meetings (at least six times a year) and occasional events
- The willingness to undergo a DBS check