Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Avon-and-Somerset-Search-and-Rescue/opportunities/Fundraising-Officer/50605 to join
SummaryThe role of Fundraising Officer is to identify funding opportunities, particularly grant funding opportunities and to prepare trust and grant applications.
The role of Fundraising Officer is to identify funding opportunities, particularly grant funding opportunities and to prepare trust and grant applications. The role is also responsible for ensuring all fundraising opportunities are checked to ensure that they further the objectives of Avon & Somerset Search & Rescue (‘ASSAR’), and that ASSAR is eligible to apply. The role reports to the Committee through one agreed Trustee (normally but not necessarily the Treasurer) who will oversee all applications and decisions.
This is a voluntary role, reporting to a nominated Trustee and responsible to the Trustees of ASSAR.
The role carries no salary but reasonable expenses may be paid if pre-agreed.
The role is appointed by the Trustees. Removal is by the individual standing down or by a vote of no confidence from the ASSAR Trustees.
This role is not a Trustee position. It does in itself not preclude the Fundraising Officer from standing as a Trustee of the charity.
● To act at all times with honesty, integrity and in the best interests of ASSAR and its Stakeholders.
● To fully comply with guidance issued by the Trustees. This is likely to be based on but not necessarily excluded to the ASSAR constitution, handbook, policies and procedures in operation whilst in office.
● To fully comply with charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
● To safeguard the good name and values of the team and to not bring the team or charity into disrepute.
● To use any specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the trustees/management committee reach sound decisions.
● To provide a timely, written report in a prescribed format ahead of each Committee meeting to the responsible trustee
● To be IT literate, making use of the ASSAR electronic communication and data storage systems as appropriate for the role.
● To research and identify fundraising opportunities consistent with ASSAR’s financial objectives and core activities, including but necessarily limited to
○ Grant funding from corporate or charitable bodies.
○ Direct financial sponsorship by corporate, charitable or other bodies
○ Sponsorship in kind by corporate, charitable or other bodies
● To assist in the application for possible grant fundraising opportunities for ASSAR including but not necessarily limited to:
○ Grant applications from corporate bodies
○ Grant and trust applications from charitable bodies:
● To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of applications including deadlines, current situation, maximum value achievable and results.
● To work with the Trustees to record priorities for fundraising objectives.
● To communicate deadlines and application needs to the nominated Trustees in good time to ensure application can be proof-read and checked before submission
● To share this database with the nominated Trustees on a monthly basis and to give updates that can be shared with rest of the Trustees at Committee meetings
● To be responsible for writing thank you letters after successful applications have been finalised
● To receive sign off from Treasurer and Nominated Trustee before starting any application for funding
● To provide any required proofs of spend and other such data as may be required by grant issuers
· A good Level of literacy and numeracy
· Able to commit on average 4 hrs a week
· Access to a computer and the internet
· Good working knowledge of microsoft packages or the equivalent
· A team player who is able to work with people from a range of disciplines
· Able to run a number of projects simultaneously
· Able to react to changing priorities
· Experience of commercial or charitable tendering
· Experience of writing and submitting tenders and bids
· Experience of presenting bids
· Experience of working within a charity in particular the voluntary sector
· Understanding of voluntary Search and Rescue within the UK
· A demonstrable track record of successful bids
· Experience of being a trustee within a charity
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Avon and Somerset Search and Rescue
Search & Rescue for high-risk and missing people in any inland terrain
Technical Rescue from cliffs, heights, inland water and floods
Aim: To provide specialist Search and Rescue services
that meet the specific needs of partner emergency
Purpose: To deliver the appropriate assistance to those
in need, far from help, in a safe and efficient manner.
We are a registered charity, made up entirely
of unpaid volunteers and affiliated to
Mountain Rescue England & Wales