Community Event Fundraiser
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Arc/opportunities/Community-Event-Fundraiser/45866 to join
SummaryWe are looking for upbeat, energetic people to attend community events in Somerset on our behalf to raise funds and awareness of homelessness.
- Over 18
- Passionate about ending homelessness?
We are looking for upbeat, energetic people to attend community events in Somerset on our behalf, such as Taunton Live, and Armed Forces Day. These events usually last a whole day and take place at the weekend.
Working with at least one other volunteer, you would be responsible for:
- Attending community events such as local street fairs, festivals and fetes
- Assisting with bucket collections at events such as carnivals
- Setting up the gazebo, information stand and stall
- Engaging with the public to answer their questions about homelessness
- Informing the public about Arc and distributing leaflets
- Encouraging and accepting donations
- Running a tombola or other activities to assist with raising funds
- Selling Arc merchandise
- Packing everything away at the end of the event
- Researching opportunities for attendance at other events
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to be part of some great local events which bring our communities together. Along the way you’ll:
- meet new, like-minded people
- improve your communication skills
- build your confidence
- change perceptions of homelessness
- inspire others to make a difference
At Arc we are not all the same. We come from all walks of life and a wide variety of backgrounds. We draw on these differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced and how we think to create services that work for everyone. We celebrate the diverse and inclusive community that is Arc, empowering clients, staff and volunteers to connect, belong and grow.