Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/wwwmndassociationorg/opportunities/Association-Visitor/62719 to join
SummaryDo you enjoy listening to and helping people? Are you looking for a volunteering role where you can do just that, and fits in around your family.
- Offer emotional support and provide information to people affected by MND
- Help people affected by MND make informed choices and access appropriate services / support
- Explain to people affected by MND how the MND Association can support them
- Record information following the MND Association guidelines and local protocols
- Develop and maintain relationships with our local branch or group
- Attend support and supervision meetings as well as development events
This role will suit me if I:
- Have good listening skills and am a good communicator
- Am able to develop and maintain supportive relationships with people affected by MND
- Am non-judgmental and respectful of diverse lifestyles
- Am prepared to increase my understanding of MND and its impact on families
- Understand the need for confidentiality and the importance of data protection
- Am able to assess when extra support is needed
What’s in it for me?
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Make a positive impact to the lives of people affected by MND
- Get access to a range of workshops and events
How flexible is the role?
The time required is flexible, but we expect Association Visitors to commit to a minimum of 2 - 4 hours per week.
What sort of training/induction will I receive before starting?
You’ll be inducted into the role and informed about the Association. As part of this, you will receive e-learning, face-to-face training and mentoring. The training programme will also include experiential and reflective learning.
We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all communities