Pantry Team Leader - South Bridgwater (TA6 6JE)
Do you enjoy motivating/ inspiring others and would like to support a Community Pantry feeding residents in your local area, all while stopping good food going to landfill? We're looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to support our volunteers in South Bridgwater who will help coordinate the activities and running of the local Pantry.
About The Local Pantry:
The Local Pantry combines surplus food and the help of volunteers to create nutritious food parcels for the community. Members of the scheme will receive a weekly food box (containing between £15 - £25 worth of food) at a cost of just £3.50 per week, freeing up more money for essentials and reducing food bills as well as the amount of quality food being wasted.
We have 3 main aims:
- To improve nutrition and reduce hunger
- To strengthen communities while encouraging friendships
- To stop food going to landfill
What does a Pantry Team Leader do?
Each community pantry is run by our Team Leader volunteers, who ensure that the pantry runs smoothly and supports their local community to receive their food parcel every week. They are the go-to contact of the team, responsible for supervising, managing, and motivating a team of up to 9 volunteers, taking charge of the pantry and making decisions about its day-to-day running. As a team leader, you’ll be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration, leading by example and engaging the team to keep to the highest food hygiene standards.
Team Leaders are passionate, committed and want to make a positive change within their community, and do this while helping to create a warm, friendly atmosphere that will make both volunteers and guests want to return each week. As a Team Leader, your team of volunteers will organise the food, greet guests and serve food parcels – all under your guidance!
To apply for this role you should be:
- An excellent communicator with a good level of written/ spoken English
- A good motivator, acting as a source of support and encouragement for others
- A team player with leadership confidence
- Well organised and able to work on own initiative
- Able to use Microsoft Office packages, email and social media
Skills you’ll learn
- Teamwork: You’ll manage volunteer expectations, listen to their concerns and support their development.
- Leadership and delegation: We’ll train you up to lead Pantry sessions and induct new volunteers.
- Safeguarding: Ensuring that the safety of members/volunteers is maintained through food hygiene practices.
- Relationship building: You’ll build lasting relationships with both members and volunteers, ensuring they come back each week.
What to expect from us:
- Ongoing, regular visits, support and advice from the Pantry Project Manager
- Expenses covered in line with our volunteer policy
- Training throughout the year, including safeguarding and first aid
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/ when you need it
- Accredited Level 2 food safety qualification
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people
- A fun, creative volunteer experience with ownership over a community-led project
For more information, please call Liam on 07826433720
Safeguarding is Everyone’s business – The Local Pantry is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare / wellbeing of children, young people and adults at risk. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment