Volunteer Role Description
Aim of volunteering role: To provide much needed help with the general maintenance of the animal shelter’s buildings, site and grounds.
• To provide general maintenance help in line with your own skills and capabilities
• Tasks may include: Painting, repairing or replacing broken parts of site, strimming and mowing, other maintenance tasks may arise which are varied so you will not be bored!
• To carry out tasks as instructed by your supervisor
• To follow all instruction and training given on health & safety, including PPE and manual handling
Time commitment: Flexible time commitment to suit you
Where: Happy Landings Animal Shelter, Pye Hill, Pylle, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6TG.
Transport needed: Due to the location of the centre, volunteers need a means of transport, as there are no close public transport links to the shelter
What you need to have:
• This role has a minimum age of 18
• Interest in the animal charity work of Happy Landings Animal Shelter
• Experience and interest in DIY, maintenance and/or gardening
• Good physical fitness as lifting is involved and like being outdoors
• Flexibility and the ability to follow instruction
Benefits to you:
• You will have that lovely warm feeling of knowing you are contributing to the charity and helping it continue with its animal rescue and rehoming work
• You will be part of a welcoming family of staff and volunteers
• You are eligible for a volunteer reference after three months volunteering
How to apply: Please complete the Volunteer Application Form to tell us about you. We will contact you for an informal chat to see if this role is for you and you can ask any questions. Your references will be contacted and if accepted, you will be given a volunteer health & safety induction and any appropriate training.