Maintenance & Grounds Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/happy-landingsorguk/opportunities/Maintenance--Grounds-Volunteer/52522 to join
SummaryVolunteer much needed help with the general maintenance of the animal shelter’s buildings, site and grounds.
Aim of volunteering role: To provide much needed help with the general maintenance of the animal shelter’s buildings, site and grounds.
· To provide general maintenance help in line with your own
skills and capabilities
· Tasks may include: Painting, repairing or replacing broken
parts of site, strimming and mowing, other maintenance
tasks may arise which are varied so you will not be bored!
· To carry out tasks as instructed by your supervisor
· To follow all instruction and training given on health & safety,
including PPE and manual handling
Time commitment: Flexible time commitment to suit you
Where: Happy Landings Animal Rescue, Pye Hill, Pylle, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6TG.
Transport needed: Due to the location of the centre, volunteers need a means of transport, as there are no close public transport links to the rescue
What you need to have:
· This role has a minimum age of 18
· Interest in the animal charity work of Happy Landings Animal
· Experience and interest in DIY /maintenance
· Good physical fitness as lifting is involved and like being
· Flexibility and the ability to follow instruction
Benefits to you:
· You will have that lovely warm feeling of knowing you are
contributing to the charity and helping it continue with its
animal rescue and rehoming work
· You will be part of a welcoming family of staff and
· You are eligible for a volunteer reference after three months