Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Westfield-Community-Garden/opportunities/Volunteer-coordinator/41830 to join
SummaryWe are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer coordinator to support volunteers helping at the new and exciting Westfield Community Garden project site in Yeovil
This exciting role would suit someone who is keen to use their volunteer management experience and support a community development project in a welcoming and friendly environment.
About the Westfield Community Garden
Westfield Community Garden will provide a real change for the local area. The site will be welcoming and attractive with a year-round focus on wellbeing, learning and sustainability. It will also be a place where people of all abilities and backgrounds will build strong community connections. The intention is to open to the public in 2022.
Volunteer coordinator tasks and activities
· Work in partnership with Westfield Community Association to create and maintain WCG
· Communicate and engage with the WCG volunteers on a regular basis and ensure they have a positive volunteering experience
· Support volunteers to understand their key tasks and activities and mentor or coach them where appropriate
· Manage the recruitment and induction of volunteers
· Manage volunteer rotas
· Support volunteers in any training/safeguarding needs as required
· Good communication skills (both written and verbally)
· Confidence using social media such as WhatsApp, or Facebook desirable
· Knowledge of managing and supporting volunteers
· Friendly and approachable
· Able to regularly commit to the role
· A basic knowledge and interest in gardening/helping to develop communities
· Willingness to get involved with a community project
• Support your local community and help build a community space
• Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
• Enjoy new experiences and learn new skills along the way
• Meet local and likeminded people
Location: Westfield Community Garden, Stiby Road, Westfield, Yeovil, BA21 3EG
Time commitment: Ideally a minimum of 3-4 hours per week.
Training and resources: Volunteers will be given an induction and any necessary training.
Expenses: No personal expense will be expected but as funds allow, discussion and agreement with the WCA treasurer will need to take place.
About Westfield Community Garden
The site will be welcoming and attractive with a year-round focus on wellbeing, learning and sustainability. It will also be a place where people of all abilities and backgrounds will build strong community connections. The intention is to open to the public during summer 2021.