Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/The-Walled-Garden-at-Mells/opportunities/Directors/48819 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a number of new Directors on our Board with differing skills and knowledge to transform us from being a start up to reading us for growth.
The Walled Garden Nursery, Mells provides gardening-based activities and therapeutic horticulture programs to alleviate the health and well-being effects of loneliness whether as a result of social, economic, geographic or generational isolation. It is a community hub:
- Improving the physical well-being of the elderly and providing opportunities to socialize and connect;
- promoting, informing and supporting vocational and experiential learning by young adults, especially those with disabilities to improve their employability and participation in society;
- providing an outdoor learning environment for young children and encouraging intergenerational learning.
We launched as a registered community interest company in 2019 and despite a rather strange two years, it has thrived as a safe outdoor environment for nature based programmes and peoples renewed interest in gardening.
As we grow it's time to start putting good governance and accountability measures in place to support the Founder/Managing Director. We are looking for new working Board members that can lead the organisation in the following areas.
- Retail and Trading development
- HR and Legal
- Social Media and Marketing
This is a voluntary position but we can cover travel/ out of pocket expenses. The constitution of the organisation allows for the payment of stipends to Directors when we get to the financial position to be able to do so.
The time commitment is a minimum of 4hrs every quarter for Board meeting and approximately 1-2 days a month on project work. We will try to have in person meetings either in Mells or Frome but video conferencing is also feasible.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About The Walled Garden at Mells
• Improving the physical well-being of the elderly and providing opportunities to socialize and connect;
• promoting, informing and supporting vocational and experiential learning by young adults, especially those with disabilities to improve their employability and participation in society;
• providing an outdoor learning environment encouraging intergenerational learning.