The Royal British Legion is the largest military charity in the UK. We are looking for volunteers to help with Welfare cases and assisting to organise, the Poppy Appeal in locations throughout the ...
Poppy Appeal Organiser
Poppy Appeal Organiser Volunteer
About The Royal British Legion
We are the UK's leading Armed Forces charity at the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten. We provide practical, emotional and financial support to a vast beneficiary community – 6.2 million people, all members of the British Armed Forces past and present, and their dependants. Whether it's families coping with the loss of a loved one, help at home to adapt to independent living, recovery centres for injured personnel, money and careers advice or residential care: we are there to help.
We’re looking for a Poppy Appeal Organiser to co-ordinate the Poppy Appeal locally, in Taunton
Whether you're a group of friends, work colleagues or an individual wanting to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
Being a Poppy Appeal Organiser is a great way to meet new people and make a real difference to members of the Armed Forces, ex-Service men and women (veterans), their families and dependants.
It's a roaming role so you can do this anywhere that's convenient for you, however you will be expected to go into the local community of the location of choice during our Appeal.
Responsibilities could include;
- Contacting schools, businesses and stations to arrange the delivery of poppies and tins
- Recruiting and organising collectors to assist you during the Poppy Appeal in October/November.
- Organising all year round fundraising events from talent shows or jumble sales to bake offs and raffles.
- Campaigning for the Poppy Appeal to raise awareness in the local area e.g. contacting local media to boost publicity.
- Ordering stock from our warehouse.
- Preparing and delivering poppies and tins then ensuring they are collected safely.
- Organising street collections, giving talks to schools and organising the counting and banking of donations.
Be able to deliver/collect donation tins prior to and after the Appeal.
Before you are accepted for this role, you’ll meet with the Community Fundraiser to go through the expectations and we will also ask for references.
From then, you'll receive full training and support for the role and all that you need to make it a success.
Time commitment: We are flexible and it depends on how much time you'd like to give towards raising the profile of The Royal British Legion and organising community fundraising events. During the Appeal you'll need to ensure you are contactable.
Reasonable expenses are covered with prior agreement from the Community Fundraiser.