The Balsam Centre is an independent charity set up by local people for local people, focusing on mental health and wellbeing - providing groups and activities to minimise loneliness and isolation, and ...
Space 4 U LGBTQIA Group Assistant
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/The-Balsam-Centre/opportunities/Space-4-U-LGBTQIA-Group-Assistant/72576 to join
SummaryAn opportunity to volunteer as a Space 4 U LGBTQIA Group Assistant.
Space 4 U is a new group for LGBTQIA 11-18 year old's. Sessions are held on a Wednesday evening between 6.00 - 8.00 p.m. supported by 2BU.
- Support Balsam Centre staff in delivery of the group.
- Supervise alongside a Balsam Centre staff member with the activities.
- Support Balsam Centre staff to look after attendee's
- Help to create a cheerful and enjoyable environment for children throughout the evening.
- Document session impact via photos and short interactions with attendee's.
This role would suit an energetic, fun and creative individual who likes spending time with young people. All volunteers require a DBS check which is funded by the Centre. We would like to recruit 1 volunteer that can commit to the first Wednesday of each month between the hours 6-8.m.