The Balsam Centre is an independent charity set up by local people for local people, focusing on mental health and wellbeing - providing groups and activities to minimise loneliness and isolation, and ...
Saturday Cooking Club Assistant
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/The-Balsam-Centre/opportunities/Saturday-Cooking-Club-Assistant/72249 to join
SummaryAn opportunity to volunteer at the Saturday Cooking Club, supporting young people to lead a healthy lifestyle by promoting exercising, cooking and eating well.
Our Cooking Club is a small friendly Saturday activity between 10-2p.m. We cook healthy meals every week from raw ingredients with 10 children aged 8-11 that are eligible for free school meals. Their families then join us in the afternoon and eat together, taking the leftovers home. Volunteers would:
- Support Balsam Centre staff member in preparing and delivering cooking activities on each day, including helping to set up and clear away before and after the sessions.
- Supervise five children per session alongside a Balsam Centre staff member with preparing and cooking food in a safe and hygienic way.
- Support Balsam Centre staff to look after children
- Help to create a cheerful and enjoyable environment for children throughout the day.
- Document session impact via photos and short interactions with children.
This role would suit an energetic, fun and creative cook who likes spending time with young people. All volunteers require a DBS check which is funded by the Centre. We would like to recruit 4-6 volunteers that can commit to one or two Saturday's a month.