The Balsam Centre is an independent charity set up by local people for local people, focusing on mental health and wellbeing - providing groups and activities to minimise loneliness and isolation, and ...
Life Skills Assistant
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/The-Balsam-Centre/opportunities/Life-Skills-Assistant/72465 to join
SummaryAn opportunity to volunteer as a life skills Assistant, supporting young people to engage in activities.
Explore Life Skills is a small friendly activity for neurodiverse 11-16 year old's. Sessions are currently held on a Wednesday afternoon between 3.30 - 5.30 p.m. The children learn a range of life skills to prepare them for life.
- Support Balsam Centre staff in delivery of the life skills programme.
- Supervise five children per session alongside a Balsam Centre staff member with the activities.
- Support Balsam Centre staff to look after children
- Help to create a cheerful and enjoyable environment for children throughout the afternoon.
- Document session impact via photos and short interactions with children.
This role would suit an energetic, fun and creative individual who likes spending time with young people. All volunteers require a DBS check which is funded by the Centre. We would like to recruit 1 volunteer that can commit to Wednesday afternoons in term time.