Gardening Volunteer - Yeovil
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/St-Margarets-Hospice-Care/opportunities/Gardening-Volunteer---Yeovil/41902 to join
SummaryIf you are looking to share your skills in gardening, we'd love to talk to you.
St Margaret’s is looking for people to join the team at our Yeovil hospice hub who will bring their skills, talent and enthusiasm to the heart of our organisation as we respond to the changing needs of our community.
This is a voluntary role and based in Yeovil.
If you are looking to share your skills in gardening and can share in our vision and enthusiasm to make a difference, we would love to talk to you about this role and the work of St Margaret’s.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make a real difference to our patients
- A comprehensive training and development package
- Additional training courses can be attended if appropriate to the role
- Broadening skills, knowledge and expertise working alongside a diverse range of professions
- Enhance your CV
- Travel expenses paid for some training
- Support from your service coordinator
- Regular update opportunities including newsletters and event
- The commitment of a Garden volunteer will be discussed and agreed in advance with the service coordinator.
- You are required to attend an induction programme and regulary attend training updates as necessary.
Brief description of main tasks and activities
A Garden volunteer assists the gardener in maintaining and planting the gardens and grounds for the enjoyment of patient’s visitors and staff.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Enthusiasm and a passion for gardening
- Transferable skills
- Communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative ideas