Complementary Therapy Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/St-Margarets-Hospice-Care/opportunities/Complementary-Therapy-Volunteer/53631 to join
SummaryWe are looking for an experienced Complementary Therapy Volunteer to join our team.
St Margaret’s is looking for people to join the team who will bring their skills, talent and enthusiasm to the heart of our organisation as we respond to the changing needs of our community.
The Complementary Therapist Volunteer is responsible for enhancing the care being given to the patients, by the staff forming the multi-disciplinary team by providing Complementary Therapies, as directed, to palliative care patients, carers or bereaved relatives.
Provision of one or more of the following therapies would be desirable, reflexology, massage, aromatherapy, Indian Head Massage, Bowen Technique and Reiki.
You are required to have your own insurance and be a member of a registered association for professional therapists. We are looking for someone who has two years post-qualification experience or equivalent and are able to demonstrate relevant and up to date CPD.
What we offer
· The opportunity to make a real difference
· A comprehensive training and development package
· Additional training courses can be attended if appropriate to the role
· Broadening skills, knowledge and expertise working alongside a diverse range of professions
· Enhance your CV
· Travel expenses paid for some training/
· Support from your service coordinator
· Regular update opportunities including. newsletters and events
· A uniform, facilities and equipment are provided.
The commitment of a Complementary Therapist volunteer will be discussed and agreed by the Complementary Therapy Lead, Volunteer Coordinator and the Volunteer prior to commencement of the role