Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-iT/opportunities/Digital-Champion/50624 to join
SummaryMake a difference to a neighbour's quality of life by supporting them to get online.
123,000 people across Somerset are digitally excluded - this typically means they need help with most basic online functions, including turning on and using their device to search the internet. Digital Champions work 1:1 or in hub centres with people from their local area to improve their knowledge, confidence and independence online; this is a role where you will truly make a difference.
As well as the great feeling that comes from helping your neighbours, our Digital Champions have access to a free suite of optional training, with much of it certificated or digitally badged, ready for your CV. You will receive a DBS check free of charge, and be involved in a volunteering role that helps you to develop real-world experience in supporting others.
- Meeting with people in your community and enabling them to access different devices (on Android, Windows and IOS) and use appropriate tools and apps.
- Helping build confidence and improve self-esteem when using digital technologies.
- Keeping a good record of any work done.
- Ability to empathise
- Friendly and supportive
- Excellent listener
- Caring and patient
- Flexible and reliable
- Good verbal and written communication
- Approachable and non-judgmental
- Able to engage with all age groups
- Positive attitude
- Have a good understanding of digital technology and able to use multiple gadgets to include laptops, tablets, smart phones and voice-enabled technology