Dulverton Carers Support Group Leader
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Dulverton-Carers-Support-Group-Leader/45849 to join
SummaryHelp provide social and emotional support in a friendly and informal way to unpaid carers at Exmoor Medical Centre
The monthly Carers Group gives unpaid carers of friends and family members, the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need someone to take on the organisation of the group. Tasks will include:
- Giving a warm welcome to the carers attending the group
- Setting up the venue and serving teas and coffees
- Running the meeting agenda
- Chatting to the members of the group, providing peer support and comfort
- Managing a small level of funds via donations for refreshments
- Undertake a small level of training
This is a fun, friendly and sociable role. It's very rewarding to know you are providing much needed support to individuals who spend much of their time caring for others, who would otherwise be quite isolated.
This will run on the first Tuesday of the month at 14:30-16:00 at the Exmoor Medical Centre.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE TO VOLUNTEERS
We provide ongoing support in the role and you will have regular visits and information from Somerset Carers Service.