Dulverton Carers Group Leader and supporter
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Dulverton-Carers-Group-Leader/45849 to join
SummaryEnable those who care for their friends and family to get together to share ideas and support.
The monthly Carers Group gives unpaid carers of friends and family members, the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support. You will need to be available for a few hours a month.
We need someone to take on the organisation of the group. Tasks will include:
- Giving a warm welcome to the carers attending the group
- Serving teas and coffees
- Running the meeting agenda
- Chatting to the members of the group, providing peer support and comfort
- Undertake a small level of training
We also need someone to support those that are cared for to enjoy a chat and a cuppa. This would involve
- Hosting in a room adjacent to the carers group
- Facilitating conversation with memory cafe style prompts, (support and training given)
- Working with the leader to create a strong partnership.
This is a fun, friendly and sociable role at the surgery. It's very rewarding to know you are part of a team providing much needed support to individuals who spend much of their time caring for others, who would otherwise be quite isolated.
This will run on the second Wednesday of the month at 13:30-15:00 at the Exmoor Medical Centre.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE TO VOLUNTEERS
We provide ongoing support in the role, allowing you to develop your skills at your own speed, we welcome you to our group of volunteers.