We provide information, advice, training and support to the voluntary and community sectors across Somerset. We also run the Volunteer Service, inspiring people to get involved and make a difference ...
Covid Community Champions
The Covid Champions Network, Helping people to stay happy and healthy in difficult times. Even though restrictions are easing, it's still important that people can access the latest information in a way that makes sense to them.
The Covid Champions network gives local people a role in helping their community to get up to date information and make the right choices to stay healthy.
After attending a short online training course, Covid Champions will be able to help their family, friends and the wider community to understand the latest guidance around Covid-19, and signpost to other health and wellbeing support. This can done informally as the Champions go about their day to day lives. Whether they chat to someone while queuing outside the shop, talk to colleagues at work, or challenge something they see online, they will play a vital part in helping keep local people informed, happy and healthy.
Champions will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings, where they’ll get to know the other Champions, keep up to date, and feedback about how things are going where they live and work.
What we'd like you to do:
- Attend a short online Covid Community Champion training course and regular meetings to keep up to date on Covid-19.
- Share this information with friends, family and other people where you live or work.
- Share your experiences with the Covid Community Champion Coordinator and other Covid Community Champions so that we can improve how we do things.
We'd like Covid Community Champions to have the following skills and interests:
- An Interest in helping people to stay healthy.
- Good communication skills.
- A sensitive and caring attitude towards others.
What you'll get out of it:
- A chance to improve your knowledge about Covid-19 and be part of slowing the spread of the virus where you live or work.
- You'll help your friends, family and community to have a positive approach to staying happy and healthy in difficult times.
- Access to Spark Somerset and SASP training courses
- Useful experience if you're interested in a career in health, sport or social care.
- A chance to meet new people from all kinds of backgrounds
**The next induction is on Tuesday 1st June, 7-8.30pm on Zoom. Details will be sent to you if you join*
This project is run in partnership with SASP