Covid Community Champions
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/29158 to join
SummaryWould you like to join our network of Covid Community Champions to help people you know to stay happy and healthy?
As restrictions have eased and people return to their workplaces and social lives, it seems even more important that they can have the latest information about COVID-19 in a way that makes sense to them.
The Covid Champions network gives local people a role in helping their community to get up to date information and make the right choices to stay healthy.
After attending a short online welcome session, Covid Champions help their work colleagues, family, friends and the wider community to understand the latest guidance around Covid-19, and signpost to other health and wellbeing support. Whether they chat to someone in the post office queue, talk to colleagues at work, or challenge something they see online, they play a vital part in helping keep local people informed, happy and healthy.
Champions can attend regular meetings, where they get to know the other Champions, keep up to date, and feedback about how things are going where they live and work.
What we'd like you to do:
- Attend a short online Covid Community Champion Welcome Session
- Come to online catch up meetings when you can and read the weekly update emails.
- Share what you learn with people where you live or work.
- Share your experiences with the Covid Community Champion Coordinator and other Covid Community Champions so that we can improve how we do things.
We'd like Covid Community Champions to have the following skills and interests:
- An Interest in helping people to stay healthy.
- Good communication skills.
- A sensitive and caring attitude towards others.
What you'll get out of it:
- A chance to improve your knowledge about Covid-19 and be part of slowing the spread of the virus where you live or work.
- You'll help your friends, family and community to have a positive approach to staying happy and healthy in difficult times.
- Access to Spark Somerset and SASP training courses
- Useful experience if you're interested in a career in health, or social care.
- A chance to meet new people from all kinds of backgrounds
** Details of the next Welcome Session will be sent to you if you join*
This project is run in partnership with SASP