Covid Community Champions
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/29158 to join
SummaryWould you like to join our network of Covid Community Champions to help people you know to stay happy and healthy?
Are you finding the Covid rules and guidance even more confusing now? Do you wish you could help your friends, family and work colleagues to make the best decisions to stay happy and health?
Why not become a Covid Community Champion? It doesn’t take much of your time. All you need to do is come along to a short online Welcome Session, then you’ll receive regular emails and invitations to online catch-up meetings. The optional meetings are informal: an opportunity to catch up with other champions and hear the latest direct from the experts.
You can do as little or as much as you like. We already have over 100 Champions who use the information the get in a range of ways. Some just share what they learn with friends and family, others use what they learn at work.
What do Champions say?
“Being a Covid Community Champion has been so beneficial. I've been able to reassure friends and family regarding the vaccine programme, offer advice to those unsure about PPE and signpost those wanting more information. It’s been really nice knowing I am helping people through the Covid Crisis so thank you for this.”
“I found it helpful personally to be more confident and aware of the issues, and to learn how others were approaching COVID in their families and Communities”
“The main benefit is understanding the best ways to prevent COVID-19, being able to share this with my work colleagues and their families…. Everyone at work is much more confident, as they have knowledge, anxiety has reduced. The biggest contributor was the unknown.”
What we'd like you to do:
- Attend a short online Covid Community Champion Welcome Session
- Come to online catch up meetings when you can and read the weekly update emails.
- Share what you learn with people where you live or work.
- Share your experiences with the Covid Community Champion Coordinator and other Covid Community Champions so that we can improve how we do things.
We'd like Covid Community Champions to have the following skills and interests:
- An Interest in helping people to stay healthy.
- Good communication skills.
- A sensitive and caring attitude towards others.
What you'll get out of it:
- A chance to improve your knowledge about Covid-19 and be part of slowing the spread of the virus where you live or work.
- You'll help your friends, family and community to have a positive approach to staying happy and healthy in difficult times.
- Access to Spark Somerset and SASP training courses
- Useful experience if you're interested in a career in health, or social care.
- A chance to meet new people from all kinds of backgrounds
Our next welcome session is on Tuesday 18th January, 7-8.30pm on Zoom. You will be sent further details when you sign up.
This project is run in partnership with SASP