Somerset FCT is a registered mental health charity providing very low cost counselling and support to children and adolescents.
The number of children facing depression, anxiety, self harm, eating ...
SummaryOpportunity to support children's mental health in an admin capacity, managing County finances (maintaining quickbooks),use of funding, authorising invoices etc
(FCT) provides key early intervention psychological support to low income children and young people (up to age 18) .
The County Treasurer manages the county’s finances working closely with the FCT’s Central Treasurer to.
• Maintain a single online bank account with Lloyds Bank .
• Validate and secure approval for all requests for payment.
• Initiate (counter-approve) all payments, using BACS whenever possible.
• Maintain hard copy records of each payment and receipt.
• Pay in, monitor and record donations.
• Report any Gift Aid reclaimable to the FCT Treasurer.
• Record all financial activity in QuickBooks as per the notes issued from time to time.
• Maintain full contact information for all suppliers & donors on QB.
• Advise the County Chair of the county’s financial condition and attend monthly committee meetings
• Work with the Family Liaison Officer in monitoring the allocation and use of funding pools
• Maintain a file of all activity in the financial year including bank statements, invoices &
receipts for presentation to the FCT accountants at financial year end.
• Work with the FCT and county fundraisers as necessary.
• Liaise closely with the FCT Central Treasurer.
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About Somerset Family Counselling Trust
The number of children facing depression, anxiety, self harm, eating disorders and other mental health conditions has doubled in recent years. The Covid crisis has seen a further escalation of problems for this age group. NHS support is often delayed or not available. We offer timely support to this really needy group of young people when there is no other support available. Our parent organisation (Family Counselling Trust) supports us in this aim.