Carers Group Leaders and Supporters
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Somerset-Carers-Service1/opportunities/Carers-Group-Leaders-and-Supporters/66987 to join
SummaryWe are looking to expand our teams of volunteers for our carers support groups across Somerset.
Carers Groups give unpaid carers of friends and family the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need volunteers to expand our team of support across Somerset, to lead and support groups with guidance from Spark and other volunteers. Key roles are negotiable but may include
- Welcoming Carers as they arrive, helping new attendees feel safe and valued.
- Working with Spark Somerset support to organise speakers, information sharing and peer support.
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings
- Working with a range of volunteers to deliver an agenda agreed by the attendees, yourself and Spark.
- Encourage empathy and mutual support, developing a nurturing confidential environment
- Helping people make friends and share experiences.
- Supporting an instructor with an activity group for vulnerable adults
The full list of groups, areas, dates and times can be found on the Somerset Carers Service website.