Carers Group Lead Taunton
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Somerset-Carers-Service1/opportunities/Carers-Group-Lead-Taunton/69239 to join
SummaryLead a meeting for those who care for their family or friends at Mikey's coffee morning. Friday morning once a month Galmington Taunton.
Carers Groups give unpaid carers of friends and family the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need a volunteer to lead our Taunton group on the first Friday Morning of the month from November 3rd at St Michael's Church Galmington.
Key roles are negotiable but may include
- Welcoming Carers as they arrive, helping new attendees feel safe and valued.
- Working with Spark Somerset support to organise speakers, information sharing and peer support.
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings
- Working with a range of volunteers to deliver an agenda agreed by the attendees, yourself and Spark.
- Encourage empathy and mutual support, developing a nurturing confidential environment
- Helping people make friends and share experiences.
- Awareness of caring for friends and family and the support available.