Carers Group Lead Shepton Mallet Brasserie
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Somerset-Carers-Service1/opportunities/Carers-Group-Lead-Shepton-Mallet-Brasserie/70424 to join
SummaryLead this cosy friendly group that meet monthly for a cuppa in the Brasserie.
Carers Groups give unpaid carers of friends and family the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need a volunteer to lead our Shepton Mallet group on the second Wednesday of the month at 2pm in the Brasserie, supported by the Health Connectors and Village Agent.
Key roles are negotiable but may include
- Welcoming Carers as they arrive, helping new attendees feel safe and valued.
- Working with Spark Somerset support to organise speakers, information sharing and peer support.
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings
- Working with a range of volunteers to deliver an agenda agreed by the attendees, yourself and Spark.
- Encourage empathy and mutual support, developing a nurturing confidential environment
- Helping people make friends and share experiences.
- Awareness of caring for friends and family and the support available.