Activity group supporter Westlands Entertainment Venue
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Somerset-Carers-Service1/opportunities/Activity-group-supporter-Westlands-Entertainment-Venue/72561 to join
SummaryA gentle activity group for older adults would like someone to support the instructor and attendees. We meet in the morning of the second Tuesday of the month.
Carers Groups give unpaid carers of friends and family the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We run a gentle activity group for the people the carers look after at the same time as the carers group. This enables the carers to meet, secure that the people they care for are having fun and are well looked after.
We need volunteers to support the instructor, with guidance from Spark and the instructor. Key roles are negotiable but may include
- Welcoming Carers and the people they care for as they arrive, helping new attendees feel safe and valued.
- Walking with the group to the activity room, assisting with steps, and encouragement.
- Taking part in the activity, demonstrating what to do and supporting vulnerable adults to join in at the level that is right for them.
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings.
- Working with a range of volunteers and paid staff to create a warm, encouraging supportive environment whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Helping people make friends and share experiences.