Move More Together Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Somerset-Activity--Sports-Partnership/opportunities/Move-More-Together-Volunteer/51019 to join
SummaryThe Move More Together project matches volunteers with older adults looking to start or get back to physical activity with a little helping hand.
You will be supporting someone to become more active either in the home or out and about, you may go walking or perhaps try local classes in the community. Isolation, loneliness and deconditioning are some of the impacts of the pandemic particularly for people with Long Term Health Conditions. By providing friendly support and encouragement you can be the difference to inspire and motivate them, you will see not only the physical benefits as their strength and mobility improves but also the impact on their mental wellbeing as their confidence grows and they enjoy more social interactions.
- Supporting an individual/s in your community one-on-one and enabling them to become more active
- Supporting them in or outside of their home, including community settings and leisure facilities depending on their preferences
- Helping build confidence and trust in physical activity while motivating and boosting self-esteem whilst being active
- Ability to empathise
- Friendly and supportive
- Excellent listener
- Caring and patient
- Flexible and reliable
- Good verbal communication
- Approachable and non-judgmental
- Positive attitude
- Are passionate about the benefits that physical activity and moving more can bring
You will be given thorough training to ensure you can carry out your role confidently.