Move More Together Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Somerset-Activity--Sports-Partnership/opportunities/Move-More-Together-Volunteer/51019 to join
SummaryThe Move More Together project matches volunteers with older adults looking to start or get back to physical activity with a little helping hand.
You will be supporting someone at, or outside, the home to become more active and enabling them to overcome any barriers to taking those first steps towards a healthier future.
You may support someone to get active at home using equipment and digital devices or outside, through attending walks or community classes. You will help someone build their confidence, skill and trust in movement as something they can do.
Isolation, loneliness and deconditioning are significant impacts of the pandemic affecting people living with long term health conditions. As a Move More Together Volunteer, you will directly benefit those impacted the most.
- Supporting an individual/s in your community one-on-one and enabling them to become more active
- Supporting them in or outside of their home, including community settings and leisure facilities depending on their preferences
- Helping build confidence and trust in physical activity while motivating and boosting self-esteem whilst being active
- Ability to empathise
- Friendly and supportive
- Excellent listener
- Caring and patient
- Flexible and reliable
- Good verbal communication
- Approachable and non-judgmental
- Positive attitude
- Are passionate about the benefits that physical activity and moving more can bring
You will be given thorough training to ensure you can carry out your role confidently.