Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Regal-Theatre-Minehead/opportunities/Bookkeeper/43123 to join
SummaryJoin the cast and play a leading role to help manage the day to day accounting for the theatre and ensure our accounting system works well and efficiently
The Regal is a wonderful community theatre and we are very aware of how vital it is to manage our funds impeccably, to ensure we can keep this local treasure open and vibrant. That’s why we need a knowledgeable and skilled bookkeeper.
- Banking and reconciling all cash income
- Entering all income and sales into Accounts using a suitable accounting system
- Calculating payment to Acts, including PRS (performance royalties)
- Recording cash purchases, receiving and paying invoices for goods and services bought
- Receiving Friends subscriptions and Gift Aid data, and making the annual Gift Aid claim
- Being a signatory on bank accounts, and authorising payments
- Liaising with the Treasurer
This role will suit people who ……….
- Have previous bookkeeping experience, an aptitude with figures and the confidence to calculate rates and reconcile accounts
- Possess a good understanding of Excel and knowledge of accounting software, plus the ability and confidence to learn new systems
A full role description is available on request or can be seen on the volunteer tab of the Regal Theatre website
It will be possible to do much of the work from home but some time will need to be spent in the back office at the theatre.