Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Regal-Theatre-Minehead/opportunities/Bar-volunteers/50990 to join
SummaryStart the evening with a smile!
The Bar is where our audiences socialise before a show and during intervals. The Bar staff are key to creating a warm and friendly welcome at the start and throughout the evening’s entertainment. In this role you will be welcoming people, serving them hot and cold refreshments, taking orders and preparing the interval drinks, and selling ice creams.
- Welcoming audiences at the beginning and during the show
- Serving hot and cold drinks and taking payment by card or cash
- Preparing pre ordered drinks for the interval
- Selling ice creams and confectionary during intervals
- Restocking shelves and cleaning the bar area ready for the next opening
- Helping sort and dispose of empties and rubbish etc.
This role will suit people who……….
Enjoy meeting, talking to and helping people, are outgoing and able to communicate in a friendly and helpful way. It helps if you are numerate and confident handling cash and card payments. Previous bar or retail experience would be helpful but not essential, as full training will be given
What’s in it for you?
- Working in the theatre and being part of a friendly and dedicated team that keeps The Regal open and running for the community
- Making friends, meeting and helping a wide variety of people and making a positive difference to their theatre experience
- The chance to learn new skills/receive training from experienced bar staff, and use your own abilities to enhance the team
- Once the Bar work is finished, you can usually see the remainder of the show