Read Easy is a national voluntary scheme designed for adults who struggle with reading. Some 2.4 million adults in England face this challenge. Trained volunteer reading coaches work one-to-one with ...
Publicity Organiser for Read Easy Taunton and Wellington
The Publicity Organiser plays a central role in raising awareness of the activities and achievements of our group and getting the word out to people who might benefit from our adult literacy programme. Main aspects of the role are:
- working as a member of the local Management Team to decide what type of publicity the group needs at any one time;
- familiarisation with the publicity materials already available on the Read Easy UK website;
- creating content for the group's page on the Read Easy website and updating the group's Facebook page;
- organising the printing of new posters, leaflets and other material, and arranging displays in suitable venues in the community;
- liaising with the local media;
- liaising with our Coordinator in producing stories and photographs to feature in local and national publicity.
The Taunton and Wellington group is available to anyone aged 18 or over who lives in this area and who would like help with their reading.