Open Mental Health - Volunteer Focus Group Members
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Mindline-Covid-19-Somerset/opportunities/Open-Mental-Health---Volunteer-Focus-Group-Members/53608 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a core group of volunteers that would be able to help us develop our service!
Volunteer Focus Group Members
We are looking for a core group of volunteers that would be able to help us develop our service! At SSBSS we support people who are bereaved by suicide in Somerset, and it’s important that any developments to our service are made through the eyes of people with lived experiences of suicide loss. We are looking for people that would be willing to meet intermittently (bi-monthly initially, then to be reviewed) with who we can run any new ideas, changes or plans past to quality check and gain opinions.
Some (but not all) of the key responsibilities that will be included in this role are:
• Be able to dedicate time to attending intermittent (bi-monthly) online focus group meetings with others with lived experience and other key partner services and professionals.
· To use your lived experience to inform service developments in a constructive way
• To be a voice for the needs of those with lived experience of suicide loss at a service development and improvement level, speaking at professional meetings if needed.
• To be at a place in your bereavement where you can use your lived experience to inform service development.
• To be able to ask for support when you need