Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Macmillan-Cancer-Support/opportunities/Volunteer-Buddy/49733 to join
SummaryPeople living with cancer tell us they need emotional support to feel less isolated and sometimes need help with practical tasks. Be a Macmillan Buddy and help!
People living with cancer tell us they need emotional support to feel less isolated and lonely and sometimes need some help with practical tasks that they are temporarily having trouble with. By choosing to join us as a Buddy volunteer, you’ll be doing something amazing for people in these extraordinary times, so they can continue to feel connected to the world outside. Together, we can be right there for people with cancer. There are two types of buddy volunteer - Community Buddies, who support people in their own homes and communities and Telephone Buddies who support people by phone.
You need you to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we're looking for
- Good listener and clear communicator
- Patient, flexible and reliable
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding whilst maintaining boundaries
- Good IT skills in order to access required systems and resources
- Understand the need to maintain confidentiality
What you can gain from this opportunity
- Meet new people as part of a friendly team that makes a difference
- Use and develop your communication and people skills
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference to people living with cancer
- Receive an induction, training, and support you need to carry out your role
You can find out more information and apply on the volunteering section of Macmillan's website.