Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Macmillan-Cancer-Support/opportunities/Lead-Volunteer/50303 to join
SummaryBring your organisational and communication skills to support a team of buddy volunteers. It's a varied role, including home visits and supporting volunteers.
Bring your organisational and communication skills to support a team of volunteers to deliver our Telephone Buddy, Digital Buddy and Community Buddy services. This is a varied role, carrying out activities including leading initial home checks for Community Buddying, checking in with service users and volunteers are their first call or visits, and inputting and updating sensitive personal information on our data system. Together, we can be right there for people with cancer.
You need to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we're looking for
- Good listening and clear communication skills
- Patient, flexible and reliable
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding whilst maintaining boundaries
- Confident to work independently and able to recognise when to ask for support
- Good IT and administration skills to use Macmillan’s IT systems and resources
What you can gain from this opportunity
- Meet new people as part of a friendly team that makes a difference
- Use and develop your communication and people skills
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference to people living with cancer
- Ongoing support from your volunteer manager
- Receive an induction, relevant training, the support to carry out your role