Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Heads-Up/opportunities/Minibus-Driver/72459 to join
SummaryWe operate an essential minibus service for our clients to get them too and from Heads Up. We are in need of minibus drivers to give just 90 minutes per week!
Aim of volunteering role: To drive our clients to and from Heads Up using the Heads Up Minibus.
· To be welcoming to our clients who use the minibus.
· To be competent and safe in driving the minibus to and from
Heads Up, collecting clients from their homes, or a collection
point, and/or delivering them back, currently covering
Evercreech, Street, Glastonbury and Wells.
· To carry out tasks as instructed by your supervisor.
· To follow all instruction and training given.
Time commitment: Minimum 1 journey per week (approximately 90 minutes)
Tuesdays (approx) 9am-10.30am and/or 3pm-4.30pm
Wednesdays (approx) 9am-10.30am
Fridays (approx) 3pm-4.30pm
Where: Heads Up, Upper Breach, South Horrington, Wells, Somerset, BA5 3QG and surrounding areas.
What you need to have:
· This role has a minimum age of 25 and maximum age limit of 69,
due to insurance requirements.
· You will need to be a holder of a D1 driver’s licence.
· You will need to complete an insurance declaration form.
· You will need to complete a short minibus training session.
· You will require Heads Up to carry out a DBS check for you.
· An interest in the work of Heads Up and a friendly personality.
· Flexibility and the ability to follow instruction.
Benefits to you:
· You will have that lovely warm feeling of knowing you are
contributing to the charity and helping our clients improve their
confidence and become more connected with their community
by attending Heads Up.
· You will be part of a welcoming family of staff, clients and
· You are eligible for a volunteer reference after three months