The Get Outside in Somerset project is a joint initiative from Somerset Activity and Sport Partnership (SASP), The Community Council for Somerset (CCS), Spark Somerset, and Somerset Wildlife Trust, ...
Become a Get Outside Ambassador
SummaryThe Get Outside in Somerset campaign is calling the community to get outdoors and move in more ways that suit them and we are looking for ambassadors.
Spending time outdoors and getting back to nature has been the upside for many over the last year. Not only is it free, but there are many magnificent green and open spaces to exercise and for people to enjoy, to alleviate stress and aid relaxation. Get Outside in Somerset is calling the community to get outdoors and move in more ways that suit them. There are so many ways you can take advantage of the benefits of nature, from spending time with family and having fun with friends, to enjoying the fresh air, scenery and embracing the weather. Find the time to venture outside and you will reap the health benefits of the outdoors. It can also help reduce your stress load so you can return feeling rejuvenated. Try replacing indoor screen time with a lunchtime bike ride or a walk to a local park or try gardening as a new hobby.
We are looking for ambassadors to share their stories and be advocates for the campaign and promote the message of being outdoors and moving more in ways that suit you.
Role of the Get Outside Ambassadors…
- Be willing to be involved and share your story/journey with others.
- Willing to inspire others through film, images, blogs, and quotes.
- Share your own posts through social media if you feel comfortable.
- Share the Get Outside campaign content on your own social media.
- Share your stories with local press and be available for radio if needed.
- Attend any events for this campaign (TBC)
- Be advocates and spread the message of promoting the campaign and being active outdoors.
The role will not involve lots of hours and will be sporadic and ad hoc throughout the year.