Diversity Voice is looking for new Trustees to sit on the Board of Trustees. The Board is responsible for the overall governance, monitoring and strategic direction of the charity. It works with management to ensure that the charity fulfils the objectives defined in its articles and acts in accordance with the charity's vision and mission, and in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Leadership,Teamwork,Managing people,Governance Time commitment of volunteers: 4-5 days per year Number of hours required: 2-3 hours per session
About Diversity Voice Somerset
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society. For the purpose of this clause 'socially excluded' means being excluded from society, or part of society, as a result of race or ethnic origin.
- To encourage co-operation between new BME Residents, indigenous and other minority ethnic communities.
- To bring Service Users together and to generate community solidarity.
- To encourage eligible persons to join the Diversity Voice and to participate in its activities.
- To build social capital, reinforcing networks and developing a resource that is not depleted but strengthened by use.
- To network with organisations and individuals to enable new residents to use public services and coordinate access of those services.
- To research social, economic, cultural and political issues that face new residents and/or their families and make available the results through written materials and educational programmes.
- To deliver services on behalf of local and national authorities, including but not exhaustive to Education, Community Safety (policing), Health and Housing