Volunteer Theatre & Cinema Buddy – Castle Cary
Do you enjoy going to the theatre to see a show or watching a film at the cinema? If so, this role would suit you. The people we support in the Castle Cary area love nothing more than going out for the evening or an afternoon, they would love some company and to communicate about the film or show they have seen. Your ticket would be paid for and you can meet them at the venue. The first stage would be to get to know the people we support and build up a rapport before your first trip.
What you can expect from Discovery:
* An organisation that values volunteers’ individual differences, interests and strengths
* A welcoming, supportive and positive volunteering atmosphere
* Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff * A comprehensive and personal induction to volunteering and your role
* Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
* An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Whilst this service is in Castle Cary you would be able to meet at venues in Yeovil once it is all set up.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discovery-uk.org/volunteering for the latest news and information about volunteering